Sunday, June 8, 2014

Review: Espoir Face Slip Nude Cushion SPF 50+ PA+++ Ivory Pure

Weight: 15g
Price: RM 77 with 1 refill & shipping

Onwards with the cushion craze! I bought this for my sistah... valid reason to try out new stuff! 



Anyway this came in the mail in 11 days but I was on my toes since it was shipped out. I can't stop tracking it.
the shade range available from espoir

The box was crushed because it was shipped in a plastic envelope. And another time because my bro sat on it cuz I put it on the sofa. Hahaaha. However, there is no ingredient list provided on or inside the box.


max opening angle about 120 deg.

The cushion case is a sleek pearly white colour, slightly thicker than my Holika Holika Photoready Cushion BB and feels 30% heavier than the latter.The interior is pretty standard cushion with the protective lid and the mirror. The good thing about buying Amore Pacific cushions is that you can purchase cushion refills from other Amore Pacific brands and they should fit. But no luck swapping with my Holika Holika one, heh!


This Espoir cushion was featured in one of the episodes of Get It Beauty last year. They also have a Dewy cushion, which of course provides dewy finish.

since it was featured on GIB, I was excited to try this out. I received the green light from my sis to 'officiate' the cushion, hehehe.
from left: Holika, Skinfood, Espoir air puff

The air puff smells rubbery and weird. My holika Holika one smelt so nice when I first received it. Hahaha. Anyway I have one from Holika Holika, one from Espoir and another from Skin Food. Every single one of them feel slightly different in terms of texture. 

The foundation inside was much thinner and sheerer compared to Holika Holika. The shade I picked for my sister is Ivory Pure, which has a yellow undertone. The coverage is minimal, and it didn't conceal my dark circles.
left: holika holika photoready cushion bb; right: espoir face slip nude cushion
after blending


The finish was not very matte, not dewy but not silky either. It has a tiiiny bit of dewiness and some powdered look and is very very sheer.

I wore this on my convocation day, which translates to taking pictures under the scorching sun at noon -.- I think this has to be the most extreme condition I have ever put anything to test under.

I put this on at 7 am and it lasted till I took it off at 4pm because I couldn't stand all the oils and sweat mixed on my face anymore.

Edit 5 July: Before & after pics
before


After patting on 1 layer of espoir nude cushion


after 5 hours w/o aircond, 30C
I'm having problematic skin lately with random zits on my cheeks, nose wing and right in the middle between my brows. The cushion doesn't really cover up my blemishes but it did correct my sallow skin tone and brighten up my face. If used in an air-conditioned room, it can last for about 6-8 hours without setting powder.



Packaging: 4.5/5 Looks very classy. Albeit it is thicker and a bit heavier than Holika Holika's Photo Ready Cushion BB.
Smell: 4/5 Faint, grassy bamboo smell. Not overpowering.
Texture:5/5 I kind of like this texture. Hehehe. It looks and feels like I have nothing on my face.
Coverage: 1/5 Very very minimal. It can't even conceal my dark circles. not even a tiny bit! Although it did correct some of my skintone but the effect is minimal.

Overall:4/5 For lazy people with few blemishes. I like that it is very lightweight and matches my skintone well.

1 comment:

  1. yeay..finally found a review which lives in the same country as me..lol
    Other said that this doesn't last long so I'm curious to know how it will perform in malaysian weather..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...