Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Review: 3W Clinic Intensive UV Sunblock Cream SPF 50+ PA+++

Volume: 70ml

Price: RM 17.90 for 2 bottles not including shipping

Description: This soft cream type sunblock could be spread softly on face which then protects skin from sun and its moisturising component provides water to the face keeping it moist.

Ingredients: Water, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Titanium Oxides, 1,3 Butylene Glycol, 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Bees Wax, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-3 methylglucose distearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed collagen, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Allantoin, Arbutin, Betaine, Perfume, Red Ginseng Extract                     
     


I've been wanting to get a new sunblock for ages, and I couldn't because I spent too much on other stuff already (like the BB cream craze I had a while ago). So I went ahead and bought one finally, because shipping fee on Qoo10 increased like mad I couldn't sit around and wait anymore.

This 3W Clinic brand might be alien to those who are not familiar with Korean skincare brand, but it is the company which produced DODO face powder. It has makeup, skincare and masks under its belt, but the brand itself is not popular outside of Korea.

The sun cream is in a silver squeeze tube which looks expensive and the expiry date is shown on the tube. It has a neat nozzle which dispenses the product in the exact amount I wanted.




True to its name, it is a soft, white cream which can be easily spread on your skin. It has this faint soap smell which I like, and doesn't bother me at all. After blending, it doesn't leave a whitish cast over my face and there's not a trace of sunblock, which is good.

It is not drying on my dry skin, which is good. However, I feel that my face produces slightly more oil while using this during the day. It doesn't seem to cause any clogged pores so far.

The downside is that it is NOT WATERPROOF. So this one can't be used at the beach. However, for daily use it is a great product, value for money and smells nice to boot!

The good: Cheap, great texture, large amount, high SPF


The bad: Not waterproof

13 comments:

  1. Hi :) I have an oily Skin so can I use this product? tks <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there Qunyh! This sunblock doesn't mattify but I don't feel that it triggers serious oil production. As long as your skin is not severely oily this sunscreen shouldn't be a problem.

      Delete
  2. does this sunblock protect skin from both of UV A and UV B? Considering the price is so cheap, it might only protects from UV A. Any comment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The product claims to protect from "UVA/UVB". I don't really know the extent of its protection against UVA or UVB, but so far I did not experience sunburn or darkening while using this. Of course I do not recommend prolonged exposure to sunlight~ Hope this helps!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Malaysia, where can I buy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, i believe qoo10.my still sells this, and also hermo.my. prices should be over rm20

      Delete
    2. Hi, i believe qoo10.my still sells this, and also hermo.my. prices should be over rm20

      Delete
  5. What do you think about the ingredients, are they generally safe and not comedogenic? (I'd copy the ingredient list into cosdna.com to check but I realized your blog is copy protected lol)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edit: I just found an analysis of it on cosdna, only 2 things got a red mark: propylparaben (which I dont mind) and 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor (which is just a sunscreen active / UV filter so I dont think there's much to fret)

    ReplyDelete
  7. does this sunblock suitable for combination skin?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunblock is an essential defense against harmful UV rays, shielding our skin from sunburn and reducing the risk of skin cancer. Remember to apply generously and reapply often for maximum protection. Your skin will thank you. But if you need more information Please visit my website: Sun Block

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...