Saturday, December 14, 2013

Wishlist - Cream and Cushion

A lot of Malaysian girls do not really put on makeup. Yes, I am one of them too. I'm very slow on the cosmetics trend, and I don't like putting on a lot of makeup. I've only started using BB creams this year.  (yes this year)

So, the no-makeup makeup is THE trend at the moment and man, Korean cosmetics always have something new to offer. This year saw the rise of CC creams, after the BB cream hype died down. I've only used Whoo's CC cream but ended up not liking it, because I don't like tugging at my skin to make the colour capsules burst.

On the other hand I really like BB creams as it is easy to use and requires less effort to apply, if it doesn't make me oil.

Recently I've been eyeing cushion or balm pacts. Yes, I know, they are not new.

For those who are unfamiliar, cushion pacts are essentially a sponge soaked with BB, CC, foundation, or sunblock liquid in a pact form. Usually they carry about 10- 15 ml of product in 1 pact.
Amore Pacific's brands are all releasing their cushion products in 2012/2013


I know the cushion trend happened in 2012 but this year saw a lot of Korean brands releasing their own cushion (bb, cc, foundation, sun etc) and reviews said it makes applying a breeze. And it seems like it's purely a Korean thing because I don't see the Western brands put out products like this at the moment. But it sure involves a lot of thought to make the cushion work, from the soaked up sponge to the thickness of the pact.



The next thing, balm pacts. They don't have a standard name to it, but I'm pretty sure it's cream foundation in the West. It's obviously not invented by the Koreans. I just happened to come across Innisfree's Mineral Melting Foundation, and was intrigued by it. Yes, I'm such a noob. Now that they added a volumizing formula to the pact it becomes a swirly mix of creamy foundation and volumer, the pact looks like a candy.

I figured these base makeup in pact must suit those who are in a hurry to work, cuz you can put on makeup after you leave the house. In the car, or subway even.

Buuuut, these products cost a lot to own so it will be a long time until you girls see reviews on these kinda stuff on my blog. Haha.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...