Saturday, July 5, 2014

Review: Nature Republic Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel

Volume: 300ml

Price: 4400 KRW

Description: Enriched with 92% aloe vera! Mild formula free from paraben, mineral oil, and artificial colors. This soothing gel with 92% organic aloe vera certified by California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF) can be used to mildly moisturize various parts of the body such as the face, arms, legs and hair.



the underside of the tub with ingredients list

This has to be one of (if not THE) bestselling and well known products from Nature Republic. I think the first Korean facial foam I bought was from Nature Republic. My mom got this from Korea during her work trip in late March.
the gel is 80% finished already!

I have to admit, I did not like the gel at first when I tried it at the physical store here in Malaysia a longggggg time ago. It just didn't moisturise as well as it claimed to be. It claims to be an 8-in-1 product, which can be used as makeup base, moisturiser, hair gel, etc.


The product comes in NR's signature green tub with a plastic lid, which had spawned a few lookalikes among several Korean beauty brands. No spatula was included.  The clear gel is heavily fragranced, and I personally think they should either A) tone it down; B) remove it; C) change into something more relaxing, heh!

It does have alcohol listed as the second ingredient for the gel. That is also the main reason it disappears very quickly after you rub it on your skin. It make the gel seem to absorb really quickly into the skin, but nahh.



I mostly use this as a layering face moisturiser/mask pack and body gel. Because it comes in a huge tub like this, I slather on a lot heheheh. I cannot use this alone as my moisturiser, I have to pair it with another moisturiser or it wouldn't be enough for me.

1. Use this as the last step of your skincare
2. Use this before your moisturiser.

I tend to change the sequence according to my mood. It functions well as a supplement/booster to your usual moisturiser because you don't have to be stingy while using this!

So far I'm really liking this because it is really a no-frills product. It comes in a huge size and helps to keep my skin moisturised and cool.

Packaging: 4/5 Simple, straight-forward.

Smell:2/5 Too strong for me.

Texture: 4/5 It doesn't feel sticky at all.

Moisturising power: 3/5 Mediocre. But it excels in versatility and price. You just don't feel sakit hati even when you use this a lot!


Overall: 3.5/5 A great value for money product. It can be paired with a lot of skincare or base makeup, so use your creativity! :D

2 comments:

  1. Hi nice to know about your blog !i need some help please give me your email through this email as soon as possible aqeyshacamerillyn@gmail.com thankyou i hope you will come accross!emergency -malaysia user

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, you can email me at maruincircles@outlook.com

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...