Sunday, June 19, 2016

Review : AHA by Cleansing Research Clear Peeling Lotion

Volume: 145 ml
Price    : RM 39.90 (i happen to buy this on sale, so it was around RM 31 ish?)
Available at : Guardian Malaysia (got this at Sunway Pyramid)

Anyways, i was searching for AHA products after trying Neulii samples from Roseroseshop 2- 3 months back. I wanted to buy cosrx (which I did, but that will be another story for another day), and I happen to capture "AHA" from the corner of my eye while browsing Guardian one fine day 2months back. And then I bought this green baby.

tadaa!

And then the ingredients list and description from the box.

The product contains "5 varieties of AHA", "3 varieties of moisturizer", "astringent ingredient", "contains hot-spring water" and has no artificial colors or mineral oils.

First off, it reeks of alcohol. Given that my skin is pretty resilient, I wasted no time to put this on a cotton pad and swiped my face. Thoroughly.

Surprisingly it did not burn, just don't put it close to your eyes. YMMV though, alcohol is listed 2nd on the ingredients list.

I have days where I used this twice a day, and days where I do not use this at all, to 1x daily.

What I've found is: Please use sunscreen. I was like uhhh, this shouldn't make me tan right? It's so mild. And then I noticed that I've gotten 1-2 shades darker (duh). Normally I don't expose myself to sunlight, and staying indoors where possible.

As for the exfoliating claims, yes it does exfoliate. I've had lesser clogged pores (I am super prone to clogged pores) but it does not get rid of the SFs, it just makes them easier to remove by physical means.

In a nutshell, if this is readily available near you and it is on sale and you're curious about AHA and wanted to give it a try, then yes this is good. If you're looking for some heavy duty AHA, then this might not be the one.

2 months and I'm left with less than 1/5 of the bottle. Overall, it's good for beginners. My itchy hands bought cosrx's AHA / BHA prods (can't remember the name) and I will test those after this bottle finishes ;)

Exfoliating power: 2.5/5 Milddd
Price : 3.5/5 okay price
Smell: 2/5 alcohol.





1 comment:

  1. I always look for reviews to learn about products as it makes my life easy to make decision regarding what I should buy and what I should not. Review is not convincing at all, better not spend money on it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...