Monday, April 4, 2011

beauty?


there's a saying that there's no ugly girl in this world, only the lazy ones.

and i've lived my life worrying about anything but my face. the result? black heads, pimples, dry skin, dark skin tone yada yada yada...

after i became a promoter for a beauty brand during my sem break, it is inevitable that i became conscious about the need to take care of my much neglected skin. my mother has taught nothing about taking care of my skin, and she does not use anything other than a cleanser and moisturizer. my mother was naturally beautiful and she does age gracefully although she did not use any anti aging skincare products before!

my nose is the part where i experience everything on; pimples, blackheads, cracking skin, whiteheads and you-name-it.

i figured that combating pimples is my first step to go if i'd ever want to be prettier. therefore, i turned to oil control cleansers first. being on a tight budget, i switched from clean & clear to simple. simple was an okay brand to use, it doesnt worsen your skin condition nor making it better. it was quite unsatisfactory as i keep having those irritating blackheads back on my wide forehead. then i turned to aiken. it literally wipes off any trace of dirt and moisture off my skin, leaving it very dry and thinner by day. although the pimples dried up pretty fast when i used aiken, but it dries my skin really bad.



turning desperate, i tried hada labo, which was newly introduced to the malaysian market at that time. it was different from what i used before as it actually provides a protective layer on my skin after wash. alas, hada labo has it's no go points too. the bottle was finished up just after 2 months of usage, and while i brought it to melbourne, this cleanser wasn't able to clean the dirt hidden deep inside my pores due to the cold temperature. the oil control factor also wasn't there.

after finishing up hada labo, i accidentally stumbled upon a very yummy smelling yoghurt face wash in watsons. the brand is celdie by japanese skin care brand pola. and it was good. pore minimizing (although i already have smaller pores than others), oil control (5 stars= i can stay for 24 hours without feeling the oil on my face), and the cleansing quality. it was supposed to be make-up remover +face wash, but i find that using proper make up remover will be better than relying on celdie only.

now i've stuck with celdie for almost a year now. and my skin has improved drastically from my high skool days. although not yet a bijin, i can say that i can move to other problems of my skin already!


now, i've dragged my elder sis with me on my journey of finding the ultimate skin care for our skin.

currently i use hada labo's hydraluronic lotion, organic aid's vit e cream, oslee's rosehip beauty solution, garnier's hydra gel, bio essence's tri action sleeping mask, skineed's double withening gel mask, nature republic's avocado cleanser. i will do reviews for these items when i have the time!

oh i love shopping for skincare items! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...