Friday, April 13, 2012

Review: Beauteen Gold Brown Hair Bleach & Apricot Mocha

Price: RM 22.90
Where to buy: Nationwide pharmacies

After rounding up my studies, I wanted to get a hair change to rid the old and welcome the new :)

There are 2 boxes of hair colour sitting conveniently on the table (complimentary from 2010) and I decided to go for the gold brown colour. Not that I wanted a full blonde head, but I've had experience with beauteen and my hair proved to triumph anytime over the nasty chemicals.

And yes, this time my hair won again. My hair colour was reduced to maybe very very dark brown instead of almond. I was so flabbergasted that the instructions lied to me. It was supposed to bleach my hair to almond in just 15 minutes but I left it on for at least 45 mins-- only to find that my hair is still very much black in colour. *facepalm*

The next day, I was determined to do it again. This time it is Beauteen's Apricot Mocha. I left it on for around 40 minutes as my mom was rushing to go out. The effect was much more satisfying compared to the bleach. My hair is still dark without light and is copperish brown under lighting. If only  it is bright copperish brown with or without light! *facepalm*

Then I consulted my friend. She said based on her experience, I will have to leave the colourant on for at least 2 hours!

The result of torturing my hair with nasty chemicals for 2 days straight: very very dry hair
Okay, now after I finish ranting about my experience, I will write about the pros and cons;

The good: Cheap, Very lengthy description  for first time users
The bad: Not too effective on stubborn black hair, time consuming

Another tip for first time beauteen users: after shaking the mixture, do not apply it directly onto your hair. Please shake it more until the mixture changes colour. It might be dark chocolate colour, green, purple, whatever. Just wait a bit more before applying on hair. The results are nicer.

Tip for dry hair: Apply the given leave in conditioner. Wash it off, put on hair mask. Wash it off. Blow dry. Your hair should be smooth and less drier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...