Wednesday, July 13, 2011

serumsssss

Today i'm going to talk about serums.

To me, serums are very powerful. Almost all of them give you an immediate effect you don't get using normal creams, gels, toners, or whatever. Serums usually come in smaller volume than other skin care products, and they are priced a lil bit higher.

I've fallen in love with serums lately. I have Clarins Shaping Facial Lift Lipo Drain Serum, which was given as a sample from Clarins counter a few months back. At first I thought there was nothing special with this serum. Its texture is milky and the parfum a bit strong, apart from moisturising your skin. I stopped using it after 1 or 2 uses. Well, that was until I had double chin (so visible!) i decided to give it one more chance.

To my amazement, my double chin shrank 50% after first use! Imagine my amazement! And then I put it on my face, and ta-dah! I get a V-line. No joke. I can see why it is advertised as the no.1 selling serum in Asia. Tomorrow I'm going to get my second sample at the gardens. ahem. I'm broke. no income student here hello!

In a nut shell, if you want instant results and you have more money than normal people, you can give this a try.

Pros: Easy absorption, INSTANT result (note the caps)

Cons: Perfume too strong for me. oh ya, it's also expensiveeeeeeeeeee. need i say more?

Another serum I have been using (and loving it!) is Nanowhite's Whitening Serum Concentrate. Although this serum doesn't give you V-line face, it is still very pleasant to use. nanowhite range claims to use make your skin happy and thus a better whitening result. I am skeptical at first (a few years back i had one bottle), because the concept is very bizarre to me. However, one should not judge a book by its cover. The texture is very glidy, with a pleasant smell to boot. it absorbs into the skin fast, with no complications arising (bye pimples!). I have been coupling this with Naruko's Apple Seed and Tranexamic Acid as my daily routine, and I have noticed my skin has become 1 shade lighter. weehoo! But that day I went to RSYC and Pulau Indah for site visit therefore I've gotten darker again. (boo!)

Pros: nice smell, light texture, easy to absorb

Cons: Whitening results may take some time to show, affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...