Monday, November 14, 2011

Review: The Face Shop Herb Day Olive Leaf Mousse Cleanser

Volume: 150 ml

Price: Usual at RM 39.90, I got it at 50%off at KL Festival City

Availability: The Face Shop outlets nationwide, online

This is my first purchase from TFS, I've only heard of the brand once in a while (When Kim Hyun Joong came to Malaysia; launching of TFS' BB creams) but has never walked into their outlet before.

There's a lot of cleansers there, like the Rice series, the Bubble Wash series, Herb Day and many more. Because I prefer mousse cleansers, I asked the SA to recommend me good mousse cleansers. She said many people prefer the Bubble Wash cleanser. I scanned through the ingredients and smelt it. The fragrance was overpowering and I don't like it. After contemplating between Green Teaf Leaf and Olive Leaf cleansers from Herb Day series, I bought the olive one, because it smells nicer than the green tea one.

Foam wise, the pump doesn't create fluffy and fine bubbles. The bubbles looked like bubbles from a normal foam cleanser, if not bigger. And it is not sturdy like what I expected. I coupled use with konjac sponge and thankfully fine bubbles are produced~~

Cleansing power is great, and there's no tight feeling after washing with water. I feel a thin layer of something protecting my skin from becoming dry.

This cleanser doesn't cause me any breakouts and makes my skin looks fresh. In fact, I think my pores became smaller!

My sister which has acne problem shows improved skin condition after a few days of usage. It might be because of this cleanser, or her daily usage of HADABISEI's mask? I'm not so sure, I'll have to ask her. She has sensitive skin, and breaks out whenever a product is too strong. She broke out really bad when she used The Body Shop's Tea Tree cleanser.

My only concern is that it has colouring as an ingredient. Parabens are also present but I cannot complaint much since it has some plant extracts in it.

Verdict: Good and affordable cleanser. In my "Approved Cleansers" list.

Edit: It is good for removing blackheads. My blackheads have reduced tremendously after using this for about 2 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...