Tuesday, January 3, 2012

REVIEW: NARUKO Rose & Snow Fungus Series

I bought this series as a Xmas present for myself and mostly because I need a moisturizer and an eye cream. No set on NARUKO's website has the combo I wanted, so I chose the next best thing closest to it!

Naruko's products are formulated without parabens, colouring and artificial perfumes. It's affordable and is endorsed by Niu Er Lao Shi. I've tried their Apple Seed Serum and the Derma Pro Serum before and I find them good to my skin. What can I say other than I support Naruko?

Aqua Cubic Moisturizer
Volume: 120 ml
Description:
This moisturizer instantly restores skin's natural moisture, provides barrier protection and increase moisture retention. It calms and smoothes while reinforcing suppleness, leaving the skin looking and feeling youthful and promotes a radiant and clearer complexion.

The texture is thick milk with gooey consistency and smells like a million roses to me. Some might find the smell too overpowering, but as for me, I think it smells very nice especially when it is applied before sleep. The smell can last a very long time. There was once I applied it in the morning and after a busily long day I still smell faint roses on my hands.

It doesn't absorb that fast, and leaves my skin feeling a bit sticky afterwards. but I noticed that my skin's moisture level has improved greatly. Even Hada Labo's famous lotion wouldn't be able to absorb into my skin already. Before this it's absorbing into my skin like water to sand. It's that good huh!
From Left: Before applying; blob of moisturizer; right after moisturizer is rubbed in; after absorption

Classic Hydrating Night Gelly
Volume: 60 ml
Description:
This hydrating night gelly prevents the moisture loss and repairs the damages during the night time. The unique cocktail of essential oils and Phytoferulin complex comforts the dryness and helps promote a moisture barrier. Skin awakens with less dryness and fewer fine lines

One of NARUKO's earliest best sellers was the Night Gelly. It is still sold in NARUKO Taiwan and Malaysia websites.

gooey, agar goodness!

The night gelly comes in a heavy glass tub with hygienic seal and a scoop to help keeping the contents uncontaminated. The gelly also smells like a thousand roses with agar's sweetness, but doesn' t linger too long. Maybe an hour, but it surely doesn't last as long as the moisturizer.

The texture is translucent gelcream and is very moist. Upon application, my skin feel very cool and calm. The gelly doesn't absorb completely into my skin as I still feel some residue when I wash my face in the morning.

My skin looks better moisturized after I wake up in the morning but the area around my nose feels oily after applying this night gelly.

Rose and Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Complex
Volume: 30 ml
Description:
This hydrating essence is the perfect solution for soft and healthy skin. The unique formula effectively moves through skin's surface for superb, deep hydration and further increases the skin's ability to retain moisture

This serum is gooey in texture and smells like a million roses too. It's a bit sticky but absorbs faster compared to the moisturizer. I think function wise, it delivers its promise to retain moisture.
I haven't seen any other results other than that. But if I compare this serum with HADABISEI's W Effect Serum (which also had a similar smell and function), I'd choose NARUKO's without fail. Because HADABISEI has mineral oil, parabens, and artificial perfume. I somewhat feel that it clogs my pores a bit.
the push dropper, just 1 push gives you the right amount for one usage

Verdict: 7/10. Not bad, but I expected more from this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...