Thursday, January 19, 2012

Review: SKINFOOD CARROT SUN CREAM SPF 30 pa ++



Volume: 10ml / 50 G
Availability: skinfood branches nationwide
Price: RM 46.90
description: A sunscreen contains the nutrient-enriched extracted of organic carrots grown in pure water from JEju Island and keeps your skin healthy without using 6 chemicals.




This sun cream comes inside Skinfood's Christmas 2011 Special Set. Inside the set there's a ginseng mask pack and lemon mask pack, both of them will be reviewed later on.

What's so special about this sun cream? I have no sunscreen products because I think I am allergic to some of the ingredients found in most sunscreens. They either clog my pores or cause pimples whenever I put  on some sunscreen.

Out of the 3 prods in the Xmas set, I kept delaying using this product. Why? Because I'm very afraid of getting breakouts. When I finally gathered enough courage used the sun cream out of curiousity, I thought, 'Hey, it wasn't that bad.'

Yes, it was pretty decent. The cream was not scented, but I didn't smell any annoying sun screen smell coming out from the tube. It has this faint smell, which is a little sweet and carrot-y to me, and does not bother me at all.

The cream is like white like other sunscreens, but it is not drying like most sunscreen. I have dry skin and any product that sucks out the moisture from my skin will be immediately detected (like a certain black sugar bubble foam foam *coughskinfoodcough*, so this is NO CHEAT, hahaha.  The cream is also very easy to apply, just dot it on your face and dab it, it will be evenly applied onto your skin. Tip: make sure you use a mirror while applying, or it may leaves streaks of white colour on your face.

At the end of a long day, I do not feel extra oily. It also doesn't clog my pores. I feel that this sunscreen is suitable for those who react to certain ingredients in most sunscreens. Of course, it is always better to try before buying, and now I'm looking at Skinfood's website, but I cannot find this suncream listed on their website. Is it taken down? Hmm.

Verdict: Mild, does its job, not drying and does not clog my pores.

EDIT: I bought  the full size last week and it has english description written on it. It says that it has no parabens, dyes, artificial fragrance, sulfate, alcohol, animal derived ingredients! Good. No parabens! How good is that! Other than that it is slightly thicker than the smaller tube that i got before and i noticed that my pores are a little bit clogged at the nose area. Hmm. But it doesn't bother me that much because I exfoliate regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...