Saturday, September 6, 2014

Review: Nature Republic Ultra Fresh Carbonic H2O Cleansing Water

Volume: 510ml

Price: RM57 not including shipping from Korea

Description: This cleanser contains carbonic water from Jeju Mountain Sanbang Springs, which functions as a makeup remover and a facial cleanser and eliminates skin impurities requiring no additional facial wash.

How to Use: Damp an adequate amount of the product onto a cotton pad and wipe the whole face clean, including lip and eye maeup, and rinse off with lukewarm water. No additional face wash required.



Woot! This cleansing water comes with a small box of free cotton pads. The huge 510ml is 10ml more than bottled mineral water sold here in Malaysia. I was really excited to try this out because it contains carbonic water (aka tansan water)! Edit: it is also 2nd place in Get It Beauty's blind test for cleansing water in Feb 2015. Bioderma is 3rd while Dr Jart landed the first place!

ingredients
ingredients

The bottle is blue with a snap-cap to contain the water inside. It smells kinda like a toned down men's cologne. But nothing too bad. Hehehe.


The water itself is not coloured. And its texture is just like water with a hint of slipperiness. I must say it cleanses off base makeup very well. It did not sting my skin, but it did sting my eyes a little bit!

Let's check out its makeup removing power! Hehe


1st swipe

3 swipes

nth time swiping, there's some brow pencil marks & the eyeline marker left


And some before/after of my face.
with Naruko's Magnolia Cream Makeup on
After removing my base makeup

You have to make sure your cotton pad is soaked with the cleansing water to avoid excessive tugging.

After using this, you have to rinse off with water, and no second washing is required. I did as I was told, but my nose felt kinda dry so I washed off with my usual facial cleanser. I still do feel that second washing is important to remove all traces of leftover makeup. Well it's up to one's preference.

Since carbonic water works well for clogged skin, I recommend this for people with huge, clogged pores. However I do not recommend this for sensitive skin or really dry skin. This is more suitable for those with combination/oily skin.

Packaging: 4/5 I do think that the snap cap might break if you accidentally drop it on the ground. The body itself is soft enough to squeeze the water out and it doesn't dispense an amount more than what I wanted.

Scent: 4/5 Okay-ish. Not very strong and disappears fairly quickly.


Cleansing power: 3.5/5 Great for removing base makeup, but it doesn't remove waterproof marker eyeliner and lip tint that well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...